1. This is your chance to plug your shit. Your band, new release, tours, etc..
AP: We are Black Veil Brides from Hollywood CA. We embrace everything that is or was decadent in Rock and Metal. Our sophomore release and first major label debut record is tentatively coming out June 21st of 2011. We’re currently booked touring through Christmas of this year. Japan, UK, mainland Europe, headline AP Mag tour, main stage on Warped, back to Europe for festivals, then to Australia and back to the US for a proper headliner. Whew! That’s a lot of vagina..!!
2. How did BVB all meet and come together, it seems the band has a little history with members coming and going?
AP. We all met like any other band; musician classifieds and in the local LA music scene. It’s pretty incestuous here. And yeh, like any band, you have to go through lots of players to find the right chemistry that works for the project. Especially for a band with such an image and concept, you need musicians who carry the same vision as you do or its not gonna’ work. The line up wasn’t solidified as “BVB” until about a year n’ a half to two years ago.
3. Your manager is Blasko from Ozzy’s band. How did you get hooked up with him?
AP: Blasko and our booking agent shared the same office space. We were booking shows with Pantheon Agency and were fielding offers from managers at the time. They mentioned we should meet with Blasko and after that meeting it was a no brainer he was the dude to manage our careers; Shit, he was in Danzig, Zombie and Ozzy. He definitely understands image orientated Metal bands.
4. Does Sharon (Osbourne) come around and if so, does she give any advice?
AP: No advice from Sharon, but Ozzy’s first reaction to us when he saw our guitarists in Guitar World was… “Now that’s a Rock n’ Roll band!”
5. Rate a bassist 1-10. A 1 being someone who sucks balls and a 10 being a God of Thunder!
Gene Simmons of KISS =
Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers =
Peter London of Crash Diet =
Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead =
Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue =
JP White of Vains of Jenna =
Johnny Christ of Avenged Sevenfold =
Lexxi Foxx of Steel Panther =
Bobby Dall of Poison =
Blasko from Ozzy Osbourne =
AP: Man, all these Bassists are great players and more importantly, look good doing it..!! All 10’s !!
6. What rock star deserves a smack in the mouth and why?
AP: I have no concern of others on what they do or say, I’m too busy in my own life to care. It’s all positive man!
7. On your tour last fall you had an incident. Fell out of the bus, drunk, hurt, hospital – tell us what happened?
AP: Yeh, we were in North Carolina and just finished a show. We were driving to our next destination and the bus had pulled over to a parking lot. Some had already exited and I was talking with our tour manager with my back to the door. Just as I turned around to put my hand on the door to go out, it had been flung open by one of our crew. Therefore, I was just grabbing air while falling out of the bus and landing on my face. I got a concussion and broke my nose and fractured my jaw. Had to get stitches across my face and nose and be flown back to LA to recover and heal. It’s a good thing I had a hot bed side nurse to take care of me during this ordeal! It was a pretty fucked up time.
8. Who were the coolest guys you ever played with and what band were the biggest dicks ever?
AP: We don’t mix and mingle ‘that’ much with the other bands on tour as were always engulfed in our own world, but one’s who stand out as really rad dudes are the Murderdolls and William Control from Aiden. There was one band in particular who were ass’s, but I don’t even want to give them any recognition by mentioning their name.
9. BVB has a next level image. Clothes, make up, jewelry, hair, etc.. What kind of time does it take to get ready for a show?
AP: We usually allot ourselves a couple hours to get ready at our leisure w/ a few drinks while getting into hair / make-up / stage clothes, etc. It’s a process, but we’ve got it down to a routine.
10. It’s LIVE or DIE! You must choose to live. Ready GO. You have to make out with any BVB band member, who would it be and why?
AP: This question is as gay as 8 dudes fucking 9 dudes… ha ha.. pass.
11. Word Association. We mention a name, you give your first thoughts? Andy Six = Where’s my wallet ? where’s my keys ? can I borrow your ( fill in the blank) Jake Pitts = Chokey, Prince Retard Wednesday 13 = I want bad things to happen to him Blasko = Sweet Blasko Meat CC Coma = Chup Cup, Muppet, Bananas Michael Jackson = my first Idol Jinxx = Uncle Creepy Sandra Alvarenga = sister/brother Joey Jordison = sick drummer Nikki Sixx = All in the name of Rock n’ Roll Perez Hilton = gossip
12. What is the biggest music related check you’re ever received and what did you buy with it?
AP: Our very first BVB check I received I rented a sports car, went to Spearmint Rhino and got an Escort! Fuck yeah!
13. Are you superstitious? If so, tell us something that you HAVE to do everyday?
AP: Not really, I generally believe in Karma and live a positive life, but I do think numbers have something to do in our lives. This year I’ve been seeing 1’s all over. Our first show this year was on 1/1/11 and since then when I look at a clock, it always shows either 1:11 or 11:11… weird..!!
14. Kill, Fuck, Marry. Kill one, fuck one & marry the other. (Lady Gaga, Keisha, Daisy De La Hoya)
AP: Easy… I already wanna’ Kill Keisha… Fuck Daisy De La Hoya and I’d Marry Lady Gaga.
15. List the 3 highs and the 3 lows so far for Ashley Purdy in BVB?
AP: 3 highs:
1. A debut record on an Indy label with little to no distribution and only available in the US breaking the top 40 Billboard charts and debuting at #36.
2. Quitting the day job and getting signed to a Major Label by the same person who signed Skid Row and able to make image orientated Metal like my hero’s WASP, Crue, LA Guns and KISS.
3. Nominations for Best New Metal Band and Best New International band by Kerrang and Revolver. And being on the cover of those publications.
AP: 3 lows:
1. Missing my puppy dogs while I have to be on the road.
2. The falling out of a bus incident and all the healing associated to it.
3. Soo many girls, but not enough time…
16. If you could bring any 1 woman & 1 man back from the dead, who would it be and why?
AP: Woman: Marilyn Monroe, such an icon and I’ve always been fascinated with her story and legacy.
Man: My Uncle Dennis. A major influence on my life and who I am as a person.
17. List a touring memory of the following in 2-3 words… Dallas Texas = Laura Chicago Illinois = Christine Manchester England = Nina Los Angeles California = Tracey Detroit Michigan = Bethany Atlanta Georgia = Shawna London England = Zoey New York City New York = Leigh Ann Las Vegas Nevada = Kina Nashville Tennessee = Rebecca
18. Should these 80s bands reunite…yes or no? KISS w/ Peter & Ace = No Skid Row w/ Sebastian Bach = YES Ratt w/ Juan Croucier = No Van Halen w/ Michael Anthony = Yes Warrant w/ Jani Lane = No
19. How much money is in your pocket RIGHT now (change included)?
AP: Exactly $75, no change, hate it.. but I have lots of one’s left over from the Rhino.
20. The Last of Ashley Purdy...The last drive thru you hit = Starbucks The last time you barfed from drinking = a couple weeks ago The last band you watched live from the crowd = Murderdolls The last kind of cereal you ate = Kellogg’s berry n’ yogurt The last music you bought = Avenged / Crash Diet The last time you felt miserable = it’s been a while, life’s good The last item you bought with cash = lap dance The last time you cried = got a little teary eyed after listening to the finished new BVB record
We wanna thank Ashley Purdy for his cool interview.